How Your Kitchen’s Colors Can Affect Your Mood
Colors affect us every day and can easily influence our mood. It’s important to consider not only a how a color looks, but how it makes you feel when painting your kitchen’s walls, cabinets, and countertops. Choosing which colors to paint your kitchen and dining is room is often overlooked when trying to design your ideal home. Colors affect us every day and can easily influence our mood. It’s important to consider not only a how a color looks, but how it makes you feel when painting your kitchen’s walls, cabinets, and countertops.
Each room in your home can use different colors to convey the emotions best suited to them. Color won’t impact two people the exact same way, but you can use these guidelines to get a general sense of the way each color can make you feel emotionally.
- Blue – Blue is the most common and most popular color in the world. It’s all around us and is the color of the seas and the sky. Blue has been known to have a calming and relaxing effect, especially in soft shades.
- Green – Green is associated with life itself and represents rebirth and newness. Try green in the kitchen where it can help cool down the feeling of the room. In the dining room, it can stimulate conversation and a fun and whimsical nature.
- Red – Red evokes powerful emotions including love and hate. It has been known to raise energy levels and promote adrenaline and excitement. Red can draw people together and stimulate conversation, which can make it a good color for a dining room.
- Purple – The color purple is associated with power, passion, and sorrow. It is a rich color which evokes drama, creativity, and luxury. You may want to avoid too much purple in the kitchen, but it can inspire creativity in small doses.
- Yellow – Yellow has come to be associated with higher powers, partly thanks to being linked to the sun. Yellow can bring feelings of innocent happiness. It can be a great choice for kitchens and dining rooms because it is uplifting and can bring about intellectualism which can be good for dinner conversation.
- Orange – Warming, uplifting, soft energy, primitive
- Gray – Solidity, support, neutrality, wisdom, longevity
- White – Up in the air like clouds, heavenly, pure, innocence, cleanliness
- Black – A forever color, can be calming, adds a glamorous look
- Gold – Wealth, luxury, desire, satisfaction, intimacy, the finest
- Pink – Youthful and joyful or gentle and calm, innocent and playful, femininity
- Turquoise – Vibrant and spirited, opulence, mysticism
- Beige – Neutral, draws attention to surrounding colors, forms unions of colors, unchallenging
- Brown – Security and contentment, cozy, strong, rest and recovery, sheltered
Call Blue Water Kitchens & More today at 810-958-3193 to schedule your free consultation.
Sorry. No data so far.