Try Out This Black Pepper Tofu Recipe for 2018
If you’re looking to change things up a bit for 2018, trying out some new recipes may do the trick. Whether you’ve resolved to be healthier or simply to try new things, spending time in the kitchen and improving your cooking skills is never a bad thing.
This black pepper tofu recipe is great for anyone including those on a vegan or vegetarian diet. This recipe can be customized based on your tastes or dietary restrictions and this tofu is anything but bland.
Ingredients Needed (serves four to six):
- 1 ¾ lb. firm tofu (cut into 1” cubes)
- 2 cups canola oil
- 11 tbsp. unsalted butter
- ½ cup cornstarch
- 12 cloves crushed garlic
- 12 thinly sliced small shallots
- 8 stemmed and thinly sliced serrano chiles
- 5 tbsp. coarsely ground black pepper
- 4 tsp. dark soy sauce
- 3 tsp. light soy sauce
- 3 tsp. kecap manis (sweet soy sauce)
- 16 small scallions cut into 1 1/4” pieces
- 2 tbsp. sugar
- Cooked white rice
- Heat canola oil in 12” skillet over medium to high heat
- Toss cornstarch and tofu in a bowl until coated evenly
- Fry tofu for about 3 minutes, until browned
- Drain tofu and set aside
- Discard oil and wipe skillet clean
- Heat butter in skillet over medium heat
- Add in ginger, shallots, chiles, and garlic
- Cook for about 15 minutes, until soft
- Stir in pepper, sugar, and soy sauces
- Cook and stir tofu in skillet for about two minutes, until warmed through
- Stir in scallions and serve over rice
If you need a better place to prepare your recipes such as new kitchen countertops or new cabinets to store your cookware in, contact Blue Water Kitchens & More today by calling 810-958-3193.
Sorry. No data so far.